Just a quick hello

First time on the site? Say hello here!
steven

Just a quick hello

Post by steven »

Hi everyone,

I am Steven Cooreman, an EE student from Belgium. If you ask yourself where the heck Belgium is, you're most probably American, as a survey has shown that, when asked, 80% of the Americans that responded to the question think that Belgium is the capital of Brussels. For your reference, it's in reverse ;-)

Anyways, I started my electronics hobby a long time ago while teaching myself a couple of things by means of an education "99-in-1" lab kit with those prewired components you had to connect using springs (oh, the nostalgia...). Since then, I've evolved into digital electronics, starting out with the PIC, but very quickly jumped to the Arduino platform, of which I also started selling kits.
My main electronics achievement was in high school, where I placed third in a competition with a solar-powered application that took your order via a touchscreen monochrome GLCD, driven by an atmega128, and interfaced by means of a ZigBee implementation.
All of this was programmed in BASCOM, since it as obligatory to have at least 2 people work on the project, and the other one was a complete beginner.

XMOS is my first foray into parallel processing, and I'm in the design phase of a digital lighting system with lots of features for the XMOS challenge. Thinking of which, I really need to start learning this XC code intensively, it's not making very much sense ATM...

jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Great intro. Well if you have any questions about XC post away here, I am sure many people will have been through the same thought processes at some point when they started out too! Good luck with the challenge by the way! :)
steven

Post by steven »

Thanks Jason, and I'll take any advice on ways to better understand XC anytime! (and while I was writing that sentence I realised that it is 2:20AM already, so maybe it's better to go and catch some sleep)