xCORE-200 eXplorerKIT - TCP data rates

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
Minamisava

xCORE-200 eXplorerKIT - TCP data rates

Post by Minamisava »

Hello everyone!
I'm doing a project with the xCORE-200 eXplorerKIT. I just read some Application Notes and used the udpreflect from the AN00121: Using XMOS TCP/IP Library for UDP-based Networking as a base for a tcp communication with a PC. On the computer side I used Hercules and Matlab to receive the data.

I turned the Target I/O options to none and have something around the 500 kbytes/s with the board connected directly to my pc and the echo function (without any optimization here).

My results are actually ok for my project, but this speed I can get over a cheap UART/USB bridge. So I believe this can be improved for higher data rates...

Question: How can I get higher data rates over ethernet? Reading suggestions? Test suggestions?

Or does this sound ok and by streams I get better data throughput?

Thanks for suggestions,

Carlos

Minamisava

Post by Minamisava »

small correction: I had a mistake in my matlab code, so that I have actually about 500 bytes/s transmission with the xmos.

I tested my matlab code with another computer and got up to 1,5 Mbytes/s. So now I really need some improvement on the xmos side.

Any ideas? Should I post my code here? Did anyone get better data rates with the UDP example?
Minamisava

Post by Minamisava »

Just posting as an info:
Everything was already working fine. The TCP packets just got to be as big as possible for a better data throughput.

I posted a cleaned up version of a TCP reflect for the xCORE 200 explorer board on github. Hope that it can help someone out there.
https://github.com/Pajeh/XMOS_gigabit_tcp_reflect
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

I posted a cleaned up version of a TCP reflect for the xCORE 200 explorer board on github. Hope that it can help someone out there.
Great - thanks for being community minded :)