SMART CARD READER

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
nassim
Experienced Member

SMART CARD READER

Post by nassim »

Hi all

Mi idea i to use XMOS processor as reader smart card and show the output data in terminal (UART/ETH/USB) or LCD or else.

my experience in that i have implemented CPU8051 (PIC or else) and EEprom 64K (external memory) and protocol of ISO 7816-3 but all in FPGA and run JCVM (Java Card Virtual Machine).

So what do think about this idea but using XMOS.

dan
Experienced Member

Post by dan »

what are the security requirements, in your view?
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Hi Nassim

This Xshell project from the Xlinkers archive may contain some useful code for your project. For more information (incl video) see this thread

regards
Al
nassim
Experienced Member

Post by nassim »

hi dan and thanks Folknology for your replay.

first we just begin in new project here in UNIV to make a smart card and smart card reader with two student (xe have XK1 and we wait XC2 thanks xcore)

yes it's my question, the architecture of one core of xmos has the same requirement of basic smart card or reader specialty memories like OTP security and spi eeprom 128k.

ISO can be implemented in it easily (like uart).

the most co-possessor cryptography used is DES/TDE and RSA and SHA, recently AES

there is a project here using AES but i don't know if it's work for XS1-L1 (i don't have XS1-G4).

and also there is a great project (The Smart Card Detective (SCD)) from UK in university succeed to decrypt a smart card payments (EVM); and in his thesis he talk the possibility to use xmos as solution.

i will be happy to see some idea for the solution or the first steps.