Hotplug Xmos links

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
jzw
Member++

Hotplug Xmos links

Post by jzw »

I have a well proven board based on the XU216-512-FB236 part. This has links five and six brought out to a connector and I would like to communicate with another similar board over one of these links. I have code based on the AN01024 application note that establishes credit between two boards, which I can prove by disconnecting, running code on both, and reconnecting the link.

I am do not understand how to associate a channel with a physical link. This is something to do with routing but I am confused by the documentation. There are several other posts that have achieved the connection but none have full working example code. I am using the xn file for the XCORE-200-EXPLORER board.

Attached are the two simplified sources I am using. Any help would be welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

Can you post your XN file(s)?

Also you might want to take a look here:

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6856
jzw
Member++

Post by jzw »

I am using the standard xn file for the explorer board. It's attached to avoid any possible confusion. I have looked at the thread suggested and this is trying to do something similar to my requirement. I want to have two (or more) independent boards with their own flash programme. I cannot see how to specify an additional external link for individual boards with a specified channel end number in the xn file or to set up the "Xconnect switch" directly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

Take a look at this article:

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4837

I can't tell from your original post whether you need dynamic linking to be set up or whether this would be good enough.
jzw
Member++

Post by jzw »

I want to have a pair of independent boards with individual flashed code that I can connect together if required using link 5. Each board would have the same code programmed so dynamic hot-plugging would be required.

Thanks for responding quickly.
CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

It's very easy to set up a static link using @johned's example, so it's a good idea to pair up a couple of boards that way just to prove the link is reliable, accepting that the code may be asymmetric.

Once you've done that you can experiment with the dynamic link.
jzw
Member++

Post by jzw »

After some empirical channel setup experiments I now have a method of communicating at reasonable speed reliably between two boards. The two sources are loaded with this post. However I am now plagued with resource errors when I add this code into bigger programmes. Presumably this is caused by accessing unsafe regions which are being corrupted by something else but I have so far not found a way of preventing this. Any help would be appreciated.