XMOS serial wireless Bootloader!

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
jason
XCore Expert

XMOS serial wireless Bootloader!

Post by jason »

XMOS bootloader through a serial connection over wireless (Xbee) connection.

1v0qqsgfnkA

Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Now that is a really nice project there. Deserves project of the month if you ask me.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Is the serial bootloader used here a project on Xcore yet, if not it should be.
If it was I would vote it for POTM also.

regards
Al
bsmithyman
Experienced Member

Post by bsmithyman »

Without a doubt, I agree with Berni and Al. This looks great, and I'm very interested e.g. in seeing the same thing via bluetooth. Any additional information about what resources are reserved by the bootloader? It looks like it's always active if it's able to interrupt a running program.
paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

'Bootloader' might be a bit of a misconception here. It looks like the sort of functionality that you would get from putting a custom application layer on top of XMOS' libflash (which allows for device firmware upgrade). The USB Audio reference design is able to do this using USB's DFU class. There is no reason this couldn't be done over any interface (UART, ethernet, CAN, I2C, SPI etc etc)

Still, pretty cool!
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Berni wrote:Now that is a really nice project there. Deserves project of the month if you ask me.
I shall send them a message.