Progress on XS1-L1 XMOS Dip

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
DrNO
Member++

Progress on XS1-L1 XMOS Dip

Post by DrNO »

Hello All,
Here is my recent progress on creating an XMOS Dip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wj8vBxFKy0

-Wj8vBxFKy0

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions/criticisms it would be much appreciated!
Last edited by phalt on Wed May 09, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded the video.

phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

I really like the ability to stack them and the video demonstration was really good and I liked the 1010 input application.

Have you considered making a project for it on XCore so we can track your progress?
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

Very neat, will look forward to being able to purchase!

If you re-spin perhaps think about using the 334x transceiver - built in 1.8v reg, better ESD protection, doesn't require the v-bus workaround described here: https://www.xmos.com/download/private/X ... 8-DA-1.pdf
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Excellent work DrNo

How are the ports wired with respect to the USB PHY, presumably these cannot be used as IO pins, yet they appear to be on the DIP layout given the number of them?

Is there some sort of usable pin/portmap to go with it?

I do like this project definitely improves on the original design, will you be adding some sort of USB bootloader tool?

PS I already made a start on an XSI-SU1 board but am awaiting final details from Xmos feel free to build on what I have done already, follow the link to the repository for up to date versions.

regards
Al
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Ross aren't the 334x designed around a 26mhz clock?

Do Xmos have a design example using a 334x?

I would be interested in going that route if it reduces BOM, any details/suggestions would be helpful.

regards
Al
DrNO
Member++

Post by DrNO »

Ross: USB3343 will probably be implemented on the next run of PCB's that I do thanks for the suggestion! On this run I didn't want to stray too far from some of the reference designs in case there was some unforeseeable problem.

Folknology: What did you mean by the a pin/portmap? As for a bootloader, that's something i'm thinking about but don't have any plans in the near future. Also, thanks for publishing your XS1-S board schematic, I've started building the schematic but definitely wont finalize it until they final data sheet is released.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Folknology: What did you mean by the a pin/portmap?
I am referring to the IO pins that are used to connect to the 3318 (5x1 bit and port 8b) which means they can't be used for other things. In addition when the USB drivers are loaded you also loose the use of the 3 1bit ports N,O & P. All of those would need visually mapping so a user knows they can't use them. Many could in fact be omitted from the design taking it down to a 28 pin dip.

regards
Al