XS1-L2-USB-AUDIO-2.0-MC beginner

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
gana

XS1-L2-USB-AUDIO-2.0-MC beginner

Post by gana »

hello i have questions again
1. why i can listen music with only OUTPUT 1/2 by using USB?
2.how to make enable others and why i can not listen using INPUTs(MICs)?
3.Why i can not use commands with ''--'' symbols on xmos command prompt? EXAMPLE: "--list-devices"
4. I can not find audio.xc and audiorequests.xc ....etc ,from my computer that where i installed xmos tools? where can i download them?

ok i did not receive answers of above ? you may sent me by email but i did not receive !!!

Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

gana wrote:hello i have questions again
1. why i can listen music with only OUTPUT 1/2 by using USB?
I have answered this one here: https://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1933
gana wrote: 2.how to make enable others and why i can not listen using INPUTs(MICs)?
You record from an application such as Audacity
gana wrote: 3.Why i can not use commands with ''--'' symbols on xmos command prompt? EXAMPLE: "--list-devices"
These are command line options, you needs to run: xrun --list-devices
gana wrote: 4. I can not find audio.xc and audiorequests.xc ....etc ,from my computer that where i installed xmos tools? where can i download them?
They are part of the code in the XCore chip. You need to download the reference design software from xmos.com
gana

Post by gana »

Ross wrote: -I have answered this one here: https://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1933
*i still have only one output i used the player you suggested but no special thing i saw. Can you be more specific?
Ross wrote: -You record from an application such as Audacity
*i can record but only one input i can use
Ross wrote: -These are command line options, you needs to run: xrun --list-devices
*Yes worked but several of them not all.
Ross wrote: -They are part of the code in the XCore chip. You need to download the reference design software from xmos.com
*You mean 'xmos tools' i already have but i can not find from the Folder in the program files where tools installed
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

gana wrote: *i still have only one output i used the player you suggested but no special thing i saw. Can you be more specific?
gana wrote: *i can record but only one input i can use
I assume you are using Windows? If so you need to use ASIO for mult-channel recording. I suggest you use FooBar2000 with the ASIO plugin, you can route your outputs in preferences in this application.
gana wrote:
Ross wrote: -These are command line options, you needs to run: xrun --list-devices
*Yes worked but several of them not all.
They are options to an executable, you need to run the correct executable. Use --help to get the list of options for the particular executable.
gana wrote:
Ross wrote: -They are part of the code in the XCore chip. You need to download the reference design software from xmos.com
*You mean 'xmos tools' i already have but i can not find from the Folder in the program files where tools installed
No I don't mean the XMOS tools. I mean the code that runs on the XMOS chip. You use the tools to build and run this code on the chip.

Can I enquire as to the intention of your XMOS based project?

(I modified your post for readability purposes - quotes etc)
gana

Post by gana »

Sorry >>>What is the full environment of XS1-L2 kit to use?
gana

Post by gana »

i can still record only one input. Hence i have question that When i install ceudusb-7.4.2 and reboot i lose TUSBAudio_EvalKit_v1.56.0 and vice versa..

1) do these drivers work together or not?
2) If no i can not find configure of input in the foobar2000?

Can I enquire as to the intention of your XMOS based project?
i am trying to test the board, i have only LED illuminate project but i have following problem as well

xrun: Valid object file not specified
gana

Post by gana »

tutorial is not clear to follow..somethings i trying to follow is not exist..so i need asking kk