Github Xcore Modules and libraries

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Github Xcore Modules and libraries

Post by Folknology »

I know from other threads that there is quite a bit of talk around softip configuration and operation with slicekits.

However I have just started on a large project that I will be prototyping on XC2, whose headers are conveniently pinned and placed for this particular prototype, not too mention the horse power which I may need pre optimisation.

I am assuming I can use the 'SC_xx' Modules and Demo Apps on github on the XC2, in particular the Ethernet/TCP/IP and the multi_uart library modules are among those I will need out of the box. I know G4s are not mentioned much any more but I would like to be able to use these libraries. So can I use these, are there any specific bits of advice and or caveats I should be aware of as haven't used G4 sice before the github/xcore changes?

regards
Al

srinivas
New User

Post by srinivas »

Hi,
Hope by this time you would have figured out an answer on the usage. But just to add on, sc_* components for ethernet and xtcp modules may be used with appropriate port mapping for XC-2. In fact, xSOFTip configuration allows one to create XC-2 target code for these components. But for multi_uart, in case standard baud rates are required, the component uses an external clock as available in the MUART Slice (http://www.xmos.com/products/xkits/slic ... uart-slice). Do consider this in your design.

Regards,
Srinivas